Normally, if an employee raises concerns over harassment or mistreatment issues in the office they call a workplace investigation lawyer in Vancouver, it is in the mandate of the employer to take necessary steps to bring the culprit to justice. However, one need to produce tangible evidence such as video surveillance or third party witness to validate the claim. Unfortunately, in many instances, these essentials for a concrete evidence are not in place. Under such a situation, both parties must bring in a private investigator to dig into the issue and bring out the truth.
First, the Complainant has to make a written accusation and ask for an investigation. Later on, if your dispute becomes a lawsuit, the issue of when the employer was put on notice of harassment or discrimination will become a major focus for establishing liability. The earlier the employer has notice of your complaint; the earlier your boss has an opportunity to “fix” things. Maybe s/he will, and maybe s/he won’t. In any event, creating a paper trail establishes the date of the first notice. Don’t just quit and walk away: tell them what’s going on!
With private investigators, you will enjoy a broad range of services on top of the workplace investigation Vancouver. Unlike old times where these experts used to do police work, times have changed, and so did the services performed by the Private Investigators or “Professional Investigators” as many of them wish to be called.
Here is a list of top services performed by Workplace Investigation Vancouver BC Investigators:
– Computer Forensics Work: This often involves tracking computer activities of a partner, by installing keylogging software in order to gain access to the employees email. Often done to prove who among the workplace lawyer employees is responsible for an offense.
– Corporate Investigators/Industrial Espionage: Discovering trade secrets by pretending they work for a large corporation’s human resource department. Private investigators would invite employees from the competitor’s firm and offer high salary increases. Once the employee is convinced that he or she is going to be employed, it becomes easy to obtain trade secrets.
This is an illegal practice, but unfortunately, some find a workplace investigation Vancouver which have been associated with it, probably due to their advanced social skills. Corporate Investigators are also often hired as freelancers to discover and point out a company’s vulnerabilities for information leaks.
– Due diligence investigation: Private investigators would investigate a particular person to uncover their background. Large corporations often perform this before hiring employees to ensure they hire only the best in the market.
– Protection of trade confidences and intellectual property: Companies often hire Private Investigators when they discover bootlegged copies of their merchandise. The private detective would then perform a full investigation to discover the source of these counterfeit goods. Once the source is discovered, he contacts the proper governments authorities in order to shut down the counterfeit productions. This type of investigation is highly valued. A company’s reputation is at risk when low-quality copies of products reach their customers.
– Process serving: A large number of investigators perform personal delivery of the summons and other documents to parties involved in a legal dispute. It’s similar to registered mail in function. The document is handed directly to a person by the Pl. This serves as undeniable proof that the person has become aware of the legal proceedings put forth against him or her
– Fraud investigation services: There are a surprisingly large number of instances where this can occur, ranging from discovering that individuals claiming life insurance do not decease after all, or in perhaps less extreme cases where someone is claiming for an injury that they never endured. Fraud investigation services are often hired by insurance companies and lawyers that check up on claimants who have given them a reason to be suspicious. Although this might seem extreme, in many cases this type of insurance fraud is widespread, and can cost the insurer lots of money, therefore pushing up insurance premiums for more honest customers.
Summary, Although it is normal procedure to let your local law enforcement service handle office cases or hire the right lawyer, private investigators are being increasingly called upon to deal with workplace investigation in British Columbia and surrounding scenarios, due to the pressure that many law enforcement agencies face in Canada. Private investigators have become deeply sophisticated with their methods making them effective in carrying out investigations at any workplace.